Tuesday 17 April 2012

Tactics To Narrow Down My Research Topic

          Every research topic need to narrow down from the beginning of  the research to make sure that the research can conducted more systematic and the results of the research are valid. Base on my research topic, my research topic idea was generated because of a huge number of people were addicted in playing online social game nowadays including myself. This situation was give me an idea that to find out and determine what are the benefits of playing online social game.

          At the beginning to narrow down my research topic, first i need to choose and set the geographical area that suitable for my research. The geographical area for my research was set at Kota Samarahan. The reason of why I choose Kota Samarahan because at there have a university which is University Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS). As we know, undergraduate students will always involve in social networking such as Facebook and Twitter. In the mean time, the probability of them to playing online social game are very high.
 

University Malaysia Sarawak
          After setting my research geographical area at UNIMAS, I will narrow down my research topic again by choosing the suitable sample of my study. I will set the sample age group between 20 - 24 years old which is in the young adult category. Then I will focus on undergraduate students from Faculty of Economics and Business which study marketing course. Marketing student might need better social communication skill in the future, they will try to improve their communication skill through different way. One of the way spending their time in playing online social game so that they can learn to communicate with global users. This can help my research to collect more accurate data. The total of 200 samples from undergraduate marketing students will select randomly to collect data about my research data.

          Finally, I will set the suitable social networking site which provide various types of social games. Facebook will become my target because it provided different types of social games compare with other social networking sites and it is famous around the world.

          By using these few types of tactics, I can easily to narrow down my research topic to selecting suitable sample to collect data. So the final results and conclusion will become more accurate and believable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment